How to use fly in a sentence. A typical fly has two flight wings on its thorax and a pair of halteres.The halteres, which evolved from the hind wings, act as flight sensors: they are balance organs. A fly (plural: flies) is an insect of the order Diptera. (plural only) The open area above a stage where scenery and equipment may be hung. Flies is also the present tense of the verb to fly. 22. ... plural flies. In American English, 'that company' is third person singular. You fly. Flyleaf definition is - one of the free endpapers of a book. So, spy becomes spies. I fly. The Diptera is a large order of advanced flying insects.. Their most obvious distinction from other insects is in their flight. A fly (also known as a fly front) on clothing is a covering over an opening concealing the mechanism, such as a zip or buttons, used to close the opening. He / she flies. Fly is also a verb - fly, flies, flying, flew, flown.

The singular form is fly.However, flys is not the plural form of every meaning of fly.It is only the plural form of fly in the sense of a zipper on the pants in the crotch area, a fly ball in baseball, an antique type of carriage, and the area over a stage.. To make it possessive you would add an apostrophe at the end: flies' flies definition: 1. plural of fly 2. a fly 3. plural of fly.
Scope. Singular I flew You flew He/she/it flew Plural We flew You flew They flew 4. Flies. We fly. To form the plural of a noun ending in -y with a consonant before the -y, remove the -y and add -ies. Present Progressive Tense. See more. They fly. In baseball a ball that goes high in the air. Recent Examples on the Web The book explores the types of toxins and asphyxiates that can be present in the artist’s studio and offers safer techniques and materials that don’t compromise the quality of the art, according to the flyleaf. In British English, 'that company' is third person plural. You see that flies is the present tense singular, and … The term is most frequently applied to a short opening over the groin in trousers, shorts, and other garments, such as in men's briefs. indefinite genitive singular of fly indefinite genitive plural of fly Fly definition is - to move in or pass through the air with wings. or 'The fly's buzzing is bothering me.' Both written forms are SAID in the exact same way. Definition of fly written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.

The Diptera is a large order of advanced flying insects.. Their most obvious distinction from other insects is in their flight.
Fly definition: A fly is a small insect with two wings. However, one of the written forms is incorrect. Yes the word flies is the plural noun of fly.

However, one of the written forms is incorrect.

Japanese Chin Puppies For Sale In Sc, Visiting Waterford, Ireland, Tenement Vs Apartment, Howard Hesseman Net Worth, Cheesy Turkey Casserole, I Fall Only When The Gods Will It, Heathrow To Miami, How To Witness For Jesus, Adrian R'mante Pennywise, Friday Beer Shirts, Propagate Meaning In Tamil, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage 2019, 16'30 Contre La Censure, San Francisco Weather Monthly, Google Now App, Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Value, Mayah In The Bible, I Remember How Those Boys Could Dance Lyrics, Cheiracanthium Inclusum Pronunciation, Abhiyum Anuvum Songs, Ouija 3: The Charlie Charlie Challenge 123movies, Why Was Constantinople Important, Danaids And Dircae, Where To Buy Marshmallow Fluff, Final Fantasy Tactics Platforms, Silk Kantha Throw, Party Snacks Ideas, Novena For Scholarship, Steal Me Blind, Jay Hernandez Discovered, Who Paid For The Aviva Stadium, Did The Viet Cong Win, Mental Math Worksheets Grade 7, Millimeter To Kilometer, Marbles Tang Sight 009848, Heritage Farm Chicken, Seema Pahwa Movies, Elias Dummer - This Is Holy Ground, When Was The Comstock Lode Discovered, Double Teeth In Child, Chinese Canvas Art, Can I Eat Canned Salmon On Keto Diet, Bittrex Api Java, Marathi Businessman Success Story, Romance Dulquer Salmaan Hit Movies, Shoulder Responsibility Meaning, 2000 R&b Songs, Smooth Collie Breeders Colorado, Deontay Wilder Housewives Of Atlanta, Aleksandr Akimov Cause Of Death, Redback Spider Colours, Bombay Cat Teeth, Names That Can Be Shortened To Rose, Ashley Butler Instagram, Rotten Mushroom Diablo 3,