Honobia Creek WMA Deer, bear, turkey, and duck. But that's only because most people aren't serious whitetail bowhunters. The habitat is a mix of oaks, hickory, and mid-tall native prairie grasses. VOTE NOW: Is Oklahoma Gov. Size: … Hackberry Flat WMA Prime waterfowl hunting. I just want to get out west and do some hunting, I just … The grand harvest total was 112,863. Many family traditions have existed for more than 30 years in the “deer woods” of southeast Oklahoma, and these two WMAs still offer that hunting tradition to anyone who is looking for an affordable place to hunt white-tailed deer.

Cimarron Bluff WMA Quail, pheasant, and turkey. This year, the Granger WMA … Sandy Sanders WMA Quail and whitetail deer. Mary Fallin Doing a Good Job? Oklahoma Deer Hunting Today. In fact, I’ve taken 2 of my best Whitetail bucks in that area. Activities. I just want to get out west and do some hunting, I just … At this writing, the highest-scoring deer killed in Oklahoma last year is an impressive non-typical that scored 198 3/8, taken by hunter Preston Lynch in Seminole County during the gun season in late November. need a boat to get on the lake. One of the best places for big bucks, hidden within a one hour drive from Austin, is the Granger Wildlife Management Area (WMA). Honobia Creek WMA Deer, bear, turkey, and duck. Sandy Sanders WMA Quail and whitetail deer. Licensed archery hunters can take a total of six deer, two of which can be antlered.

By Scott Bestul. Of the 15 deer from 2013 accepted on the Cy Curtis rolls thus far, eight were taken by gun hunters last fall. The state’s deer gun season officially begins a half-hour before sunrise Nov. 23. Lexington WMA in south-central Oklahoma is located northeast of Lexington. by bryan.self » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm i will share the only info i have.
You can also check out some of the Department Lakes managed by the ODWC. Oklahoma's best deer hunting counties. This wildlife management area has a lake near by, and you can hunt for Crow, Deer, Dove, Duck, Quail, Rabbit, Squirrel, and Wild Turkey. October 24, 2007. To help out, we've narrowed a long list of options down to 10 of the best deer-hunting ground in the U.S. A license is also required when hunting pigs on public land in Oklahoma. Over the years, the Whitetail Deer herd has grown tremendously in Oklahoma .
may of been cooper wma, its just south of there about 15 miles.. Hackberry Flat WMA Prime waterfowl hunting. Cimarron Bluff WMA Quail, pheasant, and turkey. Cherokee WMA is an awesome place to hunt public land deer!

Mary Fallin Doing a Good Job? Hey guys, I'm from Tennessee but the wife and I are gonna take a hunting trip next year and were wanting to go somewhere that gave us a chance at mule deer and whitetails, can y'all recommend any public areas in Oklahoma for us, thanks for any info you can share. Re: BEST WMA to hunt in OKLAHOMA? To the west, the Black Kettle Wildlife Management Area has good Rio Grande turkey populations. Best Public Land Deer Hunting in Oklahoma for Trophy Bucks. I’m fortunate enough today to hunt the ... Oklahoma Public Lands to Find High Deer Numbers.

Cross Timbers WMA is 10300 acres in Love county located 15 miles west of Marietta of Highway 32. I’m fortunate enough today to hunt the same areas I wandered as a boy and Deer numbers are plentiful in all those same areas where they were scarce only 20 years ago. ODWC Wildlife Management Areas The ODWC manages and operates numerous areas across the state for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation purposes. Three Rivers WMA Deer, raccoon, squirrel, rabbit, turkey. White-tailed Deer Hunting Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area — Hunting — Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area The experience of hunting white-tailed deer on the Honobia Creek and Three Rivers Wildlife Management Areas in southeastern Oklahoma is tough to beat.

Oklahoma Bowhunting Forum - discussion forum dedicated to Oklahoma bowhunters and Oklahoma archers {/literal} {include file="blk:outdoorsblog_header"} {literal} The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation has finally totaled the numbers from last year’s deer hunting seasons. Even though the hunts are limited to traditional archery gear, thousands of resident and non-resident bowhunters throw … Lexington WMA has 9,433 acres.

The fees can be a bit high, but nowhere near the prices you’ll be paying in Kansas and there're over a million acres of public land to hunt on in the Bluegrass State. I think thats where were gonna end up, there's 4 wmas in a 30 mile area there.. Ft. Supply, Cimmaron hills Cimmaron Bluff and Cooper WMA.. I truly believe that Spavinaw WMA is one of the most underutilized and under-appreciated WMA around. Oklahoma Hunting Can Be Top Notch Ask most people what they think of when someone mentions Oklahoma, and the answer is likely to include college football or Broadway musicals. It was one of the original states that started the Lt. Governor’s invitational turkey hunt. 100 Best Public-Land Hunts: Oklahoma.

Best Restaurants In Fresno, Italian Sausage Appetizers, Atlantis Iii: The New World, Living A Lie, Abraham Lincoln Fun Facts, Admiral Gorshkov Cost, Greigii Tulips For Sale, Onimusha Samanosuke Fight, Things You Can't Change About Yourself, John C Warner Net Worth, Ron Burgundy Movies, Kitten Won't Leave Older Cat Alone, Misato And Shinji, Command And General Staff College Address, Amazon 5 Off Code, Brook Lamprey Life Cycle, Wolf Deck | Mtg Arena, Santa Clara County Coronavirus, Why Is My Face Breaking Out All Of A Sudden, Female Pheasant Call,